Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) Surgery
After ICL Surgery or Treatment or Procedure, millions of people transforming them from visual cripples to visually normal people. The ICL (Implantable Contact Lens) is a cutting edge technology for refractive error correction which is ideal for person looking for removal of glasess with high quality of vision correction and fits in any of below mention criteria.
Implantable Contact Lens or ICL is a revolutionary device benefiting people having
- Myopia between (-) 18 to (-) 30 Diopter and
- Hypermetropia between (+) 6 to (+) 15 Dipoter.
- Very thin cornea due to which Lasik cannot be done or unfit patients of Lasik
ICL or Implantable Contact Lens in a simple language is a kind of contact lens which is implanted into the eye and does not require frequent removal like a normal contact lens. This phakic* IOL has numerous advantages including its correction of the widest range of myopia (near sightedness), hyperopia (far sightedness) and astigmatism (cylindrical power).
Good candidates for the ICL are:
- Having ages between of 18 and 45 years.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea (non-LASIK candidate).
- Nearsighted or farsighted, including those with mild, moderate, and high power with or without occurrence of astigmatism. Now Toric ICL™ is also available which can correct astigmatism
- Should have stable power for a year
- Should not be currently pregnant.
- Should have proper ACD (Anterior chamber depth) and acceptable eye tissue cell density – this can be check after initial investigations.
- Should not have any known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery or no other contraindications.
Generally Lasik Surgeon chooses ICL where Lasik Laser Eye Surgery is ruled out; therefore ICL is not just an alternative; it is the good choice for superior vision quality. The cost of ICL for both eyes is Rs 1.25 Lac
If you have a question, please feel free to call us anytime at +91- 8447314061 or write an email at email@example.com