Contoura Vision Lasik Surgery – Cost in Delhi INR 42,000 (both Eyes) with SBK Technology / INR 65,000 (Both Eyes) with 100% Blade Free Technology. A Topography Guided Lasik Surgery – The Latest FDA Approved Technology For Vision Improvement And Astigmatism – Contoura Vision Lasik
LASIK is by far the most popular vision correction surgery, and recent developments in this eye surgery technology has improved the efficiency and effectiveness by leaps and bounds. Topography-Guided LASIK is the latest vision correction procedure that has created ripples in the medical field with its unique and highly effective capabilities. Also known as Contoura LASIK, It has enabled and empowered the eye surgeons to perform laser surgeries with greater personalization and precision as compared to prior treatment methods. The latest research suggests that the ultra modern technique has revolutionized the vision quality improvement procedures, and the high satisfaction levels of the patients is a clear indication of its success and popularity.
Although traditional technologies provided information related to the cornea, Contoura LASIK provides comprehensive details of the corneal structures which is very useful during the highly personalized surgical procedure. The latest topographer measures all the unique, and previously immeasurable, characteristics of the patient’s eyes. This data is very useful for the ophthalmologist to develop a detailed profile of the patient, and design a very effective, individualized, and customized eye surgery.
The studies also clearly indicate that the patients have experienced improved vision with topography-guided LASIK as compared to vision corrections due to contact lenses or glasses. Contoura LASIK is beyond doubt the next major step in the evolving world of personalized high technology for vision correction procedures in USA. It has FDA approval with proven beneficial effects for many, but not all, patients with diagnosed eye problems.
Who Can Have Topography-Guided LASIK – Contoura Vision Lasik Surgery?
Contoura LASIK is suitable for patients who have nearsighted vision problems with or without astigmatism. Astigmatism sounds like an eye disease or eye health problem, but it is not. In fact, Astigmatism is similar to nearsightedness or farsightedness, because it is also a refractive error with problems related to how the eye focuses the light on retina. In this condition, The cornea or lens deviate from the spherical curvature and the light does not focus properly on the retina.
The misshaped or irregularly shaped cornea causes the images to be blurred or distorted to some degree at all distances. Astigmatism can be accompanied by headaches or eye strain, particularly after reading or doing visual tasks for a long period of time. Another very common symptom of astigmatism is squinting, and all these troublesome problems can be effectively treated with the assistance of Contoura LASIK.
What Should The Patient Do?
- The patient has to first seek an appointment and consult the eye specialist or ophthalmologist for a detailed consultation.
- Astigmatism patterns are very unique and differ considerably from patient to patient.
- The specialist performs a comprehensive eye inspection, and confirms the unique pattern of the patient’s astigmatism.
- The patient’s fitness for topography-guided LASIK is also assessed and confirmed by the specialist after a detailed discussion of all the pros and cons.
- A personalized and highly specific Contoura LASIK treatment is designed for the patient in an accurate manner for effective vision correction.
Topography-Guided LASIK Technology
The Topography-guided LASIK technology is the result of a successful collaboration between Contoura Vision and Alcon Laboratories. The surgical procedure for vision correctness relies on a WaveLight Topolyzer Vario Diagnostic Device, which is a proprietary treatment planning software. The ablation of cornea is performed with the assistance of either the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q or WaveLight EX500 Excimer Laser system from Alcon Laboratories. As per highly reputed ophthalmologists, The topography-guided ablation procedure delivers unsurpassed visual acuity as compared to the more standard corneal ablations. The combination of Wave technology and the topographer ensures that the whole cornea is reshaped and the goal of improving vision quality is achieved with efficiency.
What Is The Contoura LASIK Diagnostic And Surgical Procedure?
- A custom treatment in which extremely detailed images of patients’ eyes are assessed in a very comprehensive and thorough manner.
- A complete analysis of 22,000 unique elevation points on the cornea is performed.
- The resultant data is processed using the proprietary surgical planning software.
- A highly individualized custom profile for vision optimization is generated.
- The topography-enabled surgical procedure is performed by the ophthalmologist.
- The efficient procedure involves less tissue removal and less flattening of elevation points due to Wave technology.
- The cornea is equalized and reshaped in an accurate manner for improved vision.
What Are The Benefits Of Contoura LASIK Eye Surgery?
- The surgery is highly personalized, painless, and effective in vision improvement.
- The actual surgical procedure itself is highly advanced as it relies on both software and hardware technologies.
- The surgeon performs corneal tissue removal or reshaping without much effort.
- The surgery efficiently addresses all the unique aspects of the patient’s cornea and astigmatism patterns to reduce risks or side effects.
- The surgery takes about 15 minutes and the patient experiences very little pain or discernible discomfort.
- The individualized surgery also successfully reduces risks such as sensitivity to light, halos and glare.
Post-Operative Care For Topography-Guided LASIK Treatment
- Many of the patients notice dramatic improvements in their visual acuity.
- Recovery time varies from one patient to another patient.
- Patient’s with higher prescription glasses take more time to recover from surgery.
- If there are no side effects, Patient can resume work on the very next day.
- The eyes have to heal, and there may be some mild discomfort for first few days.
- Some patients have minor side effects such as watery eyes or red eyes.
- The surgeon has to be contacted for medication in case of persistent side effects.
If you have a question, please feel free to call us any-time at 09667770453